Thursday, March 25, 2010

Synchronicity and Carl Jung

Synchronicity (noun)

1. The state of being synchronous or simultaneous, synchronism.
2. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

Carl Jung was the first modern psychologist to espouse that the human being is by nature a spiritual creature and that we should explore this part of our beings. He was a pioneer in the field of dreams and the subconscious.

I have read some of Jung's writing and find it most interesting and quite cutting edge for its time. While I agree with much of his thinking on these subjects, I prefer to employ Providencial as the term of choice. Whatever you call it, it happens to me often. I think it happens to many people, if not all of us. I think some are more in tune than others. Pay attention. There really may not be such a thing as coincidence.

Peace,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Experienced Coincidence over the last 2 days or was it?
    Paying attention:-)

    ReplyDelete